Saturday, November 1, 2014

Green Beans


If you pay attention, you will see two types of bean plants in the above picture. On the left I have borlotti beans and on the right green beans. Yet only the green beans producing. I've never succeeded with either Borlotti or Tongue of Fire beans so far.... I've been experimenting but it never has worked. I blamed it to soggy soil and the tropical heat.


Last planting season, I tried to plant green beans from the seeds I bought from a local seed seller. It grew lusciously green and produced a lot of blooms, but failed to fruit due to lack of pollen as the result of the heat. I was quite discouraged, thinking that I would never have luck in planting beans,
 but once the temperature gets colder and rainfall is high, it starts to fruit ‒ in abundance!  And it keeps blooming, fruiting, blooming, fruiting.... on and on.... I keep harvesting along the way. And believe it or not it's all but through 2 healthy plants in a 3 gallon pot. Bravo!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...