Friday, March 27, 2015

Updates of my Pineapple Tree

Add caption
Do you remember my fruiting pineapple tree? Here is some photos for an update.

It sends a sucker out from the base...


and about 7 ratoons just right at the base of the fruit.

 
This was my first time planting pineapple from the crown and it turned out a success. Anyway, it only took about a year for my pineapple tree to start flowering and about 3 months for the fruit to ripe. This is fast compared to the information I got that pineapple tree will start to flower at the age of 18-24 months if planted by the crown. I wonder if the homemade liquid enzyme has contributed to it. How about your experience planting pineapple? 


Look at the ratoons, at this size they are ready to be replanted!


Gardening is indeed very rewarding and satisfying despite all the troubles and works!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...