Thursday, October 31, 2013

Rainbow Fried Rice



One of my morning routine is to prepare breakfast for my mom and myself. Just like usual, I like to cook from what I have in my fridge. So, this morning I made fried rice because I have some left-over steamed rice in the fridge plus other ingredients I just bought the other day. So here it is the Rainbow Fried Rice!




 And here is the ingredients:
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cloves of onion, sliced
- a handful of sugar pod peas, halved
- a handful of Iceberg lettuce, chopped
- a handful of cilantro leaves, coarsely minced
- Some bell-pepper, chopped (mix color of green, yellow, orange and red)
- 5 hot chilli pepper, diced (optional)
- 2 eggs
- a piece of Bakwa (Chinese sweet & salty pork jerky), diced 
- 3 plates of steamed rice (it's best if refrigerated overnight)
3-4 Tbs salted soya sauce
- 2-3 Tbs sweet soya sauce 
- salt
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil



Local Indonesian Salty and Sweet Soya Sauce
How to :

1) Heat the oil in the skillet and sauté the garlic until fragrant, stir in the onion and chilli pepper, stir until brown and to be followed by the eggs.



2) Then, stir in the Bakwa (pork jerky), add about 2 Tbs of salty soya sauce, stir until it's fragrant and the eggs cooked. (I happened to have some Bakwa left in my freezer, my sister bought them from Singapore about 3 weeks ago. I like it because the flavor and the sweet taste of it enrich the taste and flavor of the fried rice, but certainly you can substitute it with other meats, sausages or even shrimps.)

3) Add Bell Pepper, stir until it's cooked.



4) I also added some leftover fresh-Iceberg lettuce from the other day. Stir well.



5) Now, you can add the rice in. Using a stainless frying spoon, try to break all the lumps of  rice by pressing the spoon onto the rice until it blends with all the ingredients. 


6) Stir in cilantro leaves and add more salted soya sauce and salt.



7) Last but not the least, add the sweet soya sauce, stir well for another minute. And there you go, the Rainbow Fried Rice is ready to be served! Put some cilantro leaves as garnish.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...